You know it’s time to start troubleshooting when your Frigidaire dishwasher won’t start and you’re elbow-deep in dirty dishes in the sink. But where do you start looking for clues as to what went wrong? From a power supply issue to a broken door latch, we’ll provide some helpful starting points for a Frigidaire dishwasher that won’t start.
Troubleshooting a Frigidaire Dishwasher Not Starting: A Step-By-Step Guide
When an appliance fails to start, we often assume it has a serious problem. When your Frigidaire dishwasher doesn’t work, however, our guide shows that there are often some simple common causes. We’ll also give you step-by-step instructions for troubleshooting your Frigidaire dishwasher.
Power Supply Problem
It’s possible that a Frigidaire dishwasher won’t start because of a power supply issue rather than a dishwasher problem. To rule out any issues with your power source, we recommend performing the following simple checks:
- Check to see if your dishwasher is properly plugged into an outlet. Avoid using extension cords to power your dishwasher because most of them can’t handle the voltage.
- Double-check that your dishwasher’s power switch is turned on, and if necessary, check beneath the sink.
- Verify that the circuit breaker for the dishwasher is turned on.
Water Supply Issues
If your Frigidaire dishwasher won’t start despite having power, it could be due to a water supply issue. These quick checks will help you rule out any issues with your water supply:
- Check to see if the water supply valve is on. If the valve becomes stuck, it may be necessary to replace it.
- Make sure the water inlet hoses are free of kinks and damage. Hoses that have been damaged will need to be replaced.
- A water pressure gauge can be used to check your water pressure. If the pressure is below 30 psi, don’t run the shower or the washing machine until the pressure rises.
Incorrect Dishwasher Settings
Did you know that if you forget to select a cycle or select the incorrect one, your Frigidaire dishwasher will not start? These pointers will help you avoid the issue of incorrect dishwasher settings:
- Double-check that you’ve selected a cycle before pressing START.
- Examine the code on the back of your display panel. Some dishwasher models have a delayed start or child lock feature that prevents the machine from turning on right away. If these settings are active on your display panel, press CANCEL before starting the correct cycle.
- If the touchpad or control panel gets wet, it may become damaged, causing communication with your dishwasher to be disrupted. A professional service can assess the situation and provide any replacement parts that are required.
Dishwasher Not Latched
A broken door latch could be the final cause of a Frigidaire dishwasher that won’t start. This latch prevents leaks by securing the dishwasher door, and it must be engaged before a wash cycle can begin. Make sure the door is completely closed and the latch is securely fastened. The latch will need to be replaced if it won’t engage and appears to be faulty.
Troubleshooting a Broken Frigidaire Dishwasher
This quick troubleshooting guide will walk you through some simple steps to identify and resolve the issues listed above:
- Make sure the dishwasher is receiving power by checking the circuit breaker and power connection.
- Ensure that the water supply is turned on and that the pressure is sufficient.
- Make sure the delayed start and child lock features are turned off in your settings.
- After selecting a cycle, close the door immediately. If the door does not close quickly enough, you may have to repeat your selection.
- You may need to restart a cycle if you add a forgotten item in the middle of a cycle.
- Ensure that the dishwasher door is securely shut.
If you feel overwhelmed and need help with your Frigidaire appliance repair, give us a call.
Smart Living Home Repair Services
244 Madison Avenue , #1019
New York, NY 10016